Telehealth services are able to facilitate healthcare through mitigation strategies while this pandemic is raging. It can help doctors and patients maintain social distancing by reducing exposure to infected persons. It can also help to reduce strain on the healthcare system since the influx of patients is lower. Since coronavirus has struck, incorporating telemedicine has become vital for the healthcare system to stay afloat.
Benefits of Telehealth Services
Giving out care is possible through telemedicine and makes it easier to avoid any negative consequences of the pandemic. It makes it possible to ensure that no delays occur in chronic, preventive, or routine healthcare while the hospital is inundated with coronavirus patients. Remote areas can also receive timely and good healthcare through telehealth services.
Here are some other benefits and uses that you may not have thought of:
- Screening infected persons from a safe distance.
- Provide urgent care without low risks for patients without COVID-19 conditions. They may need medical assessment or consultation but may be unable to come into the hospital out of fear of getting infected.
- Continued access to specialists and primary healthcare providers for chronic, behavioral, mental, and medication management conditions.
- Follow up with patients post-hospitalization.
- Monitor signs of chronic medical problems.
- Provide support or coaching for chronic health problems, including nutrition and weight management and counseling.
- Providing non-emergent healthcare
There are countless benefits of telehealth services that you may not have considered before. The expansion of telemedicine during the pandemic is necessary to keep doctors safe and ensure that the healthcare system is not overwhelmed.
You can learn more about how PowWow can help your telehealth programs here.